This course will clarify what Strategic Thinking actually means and also will help you to assess your own skills in this area. You will gain a set of tools and techniques to be an effective strategic thinker.
Who should attend, and why?
Many people find it difficult to escape from the everday ‘here and now’ pressure of the immediate and urgent, and set time aside for more strategic thinking. And not everyone has the skills and aptitude to think strategically (and may not even know what ‘strategic thinking’ actually is).
By the end of this workshop you will
- know what is meant by ‘strategic thinking’
- have assessed your own capabilities against a key checklist
- have tested your skills in a case study
- have learned and be able to use a set of tools and techniques to help you think more strategically, more effectively
- Defining ‘strategic thinking’
- Self-assessment of your strategic thinking skills
- Applying strategic thinking to a case study
- Key tools and techniques
- Where to from here?
The workshop will be a mix of facilitator input, group discussion, case work, self assessment, practical activities, feedback and reflection.
- “Excellent – strategic thinking has always scared me – until now!” (Manager, Manchester)
Find out more …